Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Nipple Peak

I figure I take a break from the Japan post and post something a little closer to home.  By the time I came back from Japan I was itching to get back in the water or get back in the mountains.  I emailed my friend Pete asking if he was hiking.  Unfortunately the weekend after I came home he was busy so we scheduled a hike for the week after.

We decided to hike to a lesser known peak on the windward side of the island.  This peak looks into the valley that Sacred Falls is in, but we couldn't see directly into it.  We started off on a state trail and veered off of it and bush whacked what seemed like a few hours to a peak called Waiahilahila.  The weather started off just overcast but grew into a continuous rain.  Once we reached the peak there were a bunch of passing showers and passing helicopters going into the valley, I'm guessing to take aerial views of Sacred Falls.  Anyways this peak is a little hard to get to but not as dangerous as some other hikes!  Hope you enjoy the pictures and video!



 The rain coming in while we were hiking.

 Walking along this ridge takes you to the Nipple Peak

Over looking the valley that Sacred Fall sits in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment