Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 had some ups and downs 2014 resolutions

The year 2013 had some good times and some bad times.

First of all my goals for 2013.  To meet new people, to get to know them and  not to judge them by the reputations others give them.  Second the find someone and make her happy.  Lastly to start this blog and upkeep it.  

I think I've struggled with the first goal.  Of course I could have done better but  I've met many new people that I now call friends.  I've traveled with people that I thought I didn't think I was close with.  In the end what really mattered is not how many people I met and became friends with but how many people I met and kept in contact with, who my true friends were.  Quality over quantity.  Near the end of the year I axed people that don't care to keep in touch or people that I've never met on social media.  I'm kind of starting the new year fresh and hopefully I get to meet more people and make more new friends next year.  

The second goal was to make someone happy.  At the beginning of the year and for many years before this I stayed single and dated around a lot.  I knew that this year I wanted to meet someone special.  I also knew what I wanted in a woman.  I met Katie an adventurous hiker and my partner in crime, she is the person that is now my girlfriend and she is really happy.  I would say that this goal is accomplished.  

Third is this thing that I am writing on now.  The blog... Ryanschang.  I still like writing on this thing and lots of friends and family continuously read and watch my videos.  I'm pleased how it turned out.  I will continue blogging until I feel that it's now longer necessary.  It's kind of cool to look back on what I did this past year.  


Of course there bad times... My parents after years got divorced.  Shortly after my grandpa passed away.  During the beginning of summer I moved to Kapahulu with mom because of the divorce.  We are slowly renovating the house and making use with what we got.  I got to see my grandpa before he passed and he was laid to rest at Punchbowl Memorial. 

There through all the hard times was Katie.  I don't know what I would do without her.  Through the bad the good.  This year I got to travel a lot.  I got to see places I've never dreamed of.  After meeting Katie we were off.  Trip after trip, Kauai, Maui, Kaho'olawe, and back again to Maui, and I got to spend Thanksgiving on Big Island with mama Ersbak.  Those were some serious good times! 

2014 is here... what are some of your New Years resolutions?

I haven't put much thought into mine yet but I have an idea on what I want next year.

1) Social media has taken a lot away from my "life".  I've already begun the steps of "cleaning" and deleting people that I don't talk to or don't keep in touch with any more.  I axed instagram and started over again.  Having over a "1000" friends is kind of hard to keep in touch with.

2) Find another job that would supplement the YMCA or start something new and fresh.  I've applied for an internship over the summer and hopefully I land that position... If I don't I'll probably buckle down and go to school after summer time.  I need to finish something right?

3) Not sure what my last one should be... need more time to think.

Those are some of my resolutions and hopefully I can complete them in a year.  Happy New Year everyone!





 

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see all the new places you discover this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still remember your hilarious laugh...I am SO happy for you and I cannot wait to see what adventures 2014 has in store for you :D Keep on exploring! <3, alea

    ReplyDelete