Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Tubing

Pete emailed a bunch of us to go tubing two weeks ago and we hoped the weather cooperated.  It wasn't what we expected but it was very enjoyable with great people. 

On St. Patrick's Day 2013 the group met up to tube down a stream in Wahiawa.  On that days adventure was Cory, Pete, Jason, Katie, August, Duc, Dave, Dan, Hawkins, Dave Webb, Elissa, and I.  Twelve people tubing down a stream!  I had never been on this type of adventure but ever since someone introduced it to the hiking community it's been blowing up like crazy this past year.  The most perfect time to go would be if it rained a few days then going right after with hopes that it'd be sunny and good weather that day.  Of course rain didn't cooperate and so we did it anyways!  People were asked to dress up in full St. Patrick's Day gear... Green was sufficient enough!  (I wasn't wearing any green so at the end of the hike near my car a kid came up to me and pinched me!) 

We hiked in for about 45 minutes and blew up all our tubes.  Some of us got dressed up with costumes, others were partaking in some adult beverages before the long 7 hour journey down stream  I on the other hand was getting set up with my Gopro and getting ready to try my best to stay warm.  Even though the sun was out the stream can be very cold with the wind blowing.  Imagine that with overcast skies and rain!  ( I know a few people that did that and I think I would die.)  Anyways since it didn't rain for a while it made for some, getting outta your tube walking a bit and jumping back on it when it was deep enough to tube.  Even though we had to do it multiple times it was good times with good company.  Near the end of the adventure there was a jump spot we had done before so we had to take advantage of us being there! 

Please enjoy the video and pictures!  3 out of the 4 pictures were taken by Hawkins so please go and visit her awesome website!

The only picture I shot on this adventure!  (Gopro)

Happy Bee and Cory in a kilt! 

I was dumb and went face first in one of the swimming holes.  It was VERY uncomfortable because I couldn't use the paddle!  

We made a inner tube sculpture.



1 comment: