Monday, March 11, 2013

Thin ridge up above Kahana

The last time I did this hike was back in 2011 when Kaleo and I were hiking on a weekly basis.  Things changed and he is a busy man now.
This morning I went to do a surf check because the forecast was calling it 3-5 ft on the North Shore with south winds.  I met up with a friend to check at Ehukai and when I got there the surf was a piddly chest high and mushy because there was a hint of West in the wind.  I quickly called up my girlfriend and told her to bring my hiking gear with her so I could meet up with her and hike with her group.
I drove over to Kahana Bay and met up with the group around 9 and pushed off towards the summit.  We hit the summit and took a good 15 minute rest before we made our way along a craggy summit.  It was a hot day because the trades were gone and the sun was blazing hot.  It was slow progress with such a big group but sure enough we made it up and down the teeth without injury.  By 1ish we were making our way back to our cars and we decided to all eat at Papa Ole's.

Enjoy the pics and video

 I only snapped a few pics because I was more focused on capturing the video aspect of the hike!

Front L. to R. Ryan Chang and Jenelyn Castillo.  Behind Ryan is Baron Yamamoto
Last Row: Roger Sourychack, Katie Ersbak, Darren Ito, Agnes, Mike Bishop, Keli'i Sur, and Aaron Toma.



Walking along a ridge above Kahana from Ryan Chang on Vimeo.

 WARNING: Before attempting this hike please know what you are getting yourself into before you choose to do this hike.  It is VERY DANGEROUS.  I know a person who has fallen off and has gotten injured.  

No comments:

Post a Comment