Monday, January 14, 2013

Hot bunkers

If you follow me on instagram and or facebook you probably already know that I hiked, surfed, and climbed at the gym yesterday!  Here is the write up of yesterdays hike as my tired body rests in this comfy chair.
Yesterday I finally got a chance to hike with my regular hiking partner Lei! I was pretty stoked because I hadn't seen her since before the holidays... you know... everyone is busy right!?  We met up at her place and joining us to our long ride to Wainae was Jason.  We piled into her car and met up with Pete, Jenny and Dave.  As we were driving there the weather was a bit unusual because it was actually raining in Waianae!  Lei was worried because she didn't have any rain gear but turns out that the weather cleared and it was really hot.  We decided to do some peaks next to the ocean to some bunkers.  I called them "Hot bunkers" because it was so freckin hot.  The hike had a pretty clear path on where to go but some of us decided to do a little rock climbing and scrambling here and there!  When we finished our hike we all decided to grab a few drinks at Jamba juice and head up north to surf a little.
It was my first time at rocky point but I was happy there were waves.  Jason, Lei and I jumped in and surfed for only an hour because our legs were cramping from the morning's hike!  So we called it a day and headed back to town.  Enjoy the pics!

 The group pic! 

 Hot Bunkers view!

Lei down climbing a rock face.

 Super hot ridge line

 Not quite sunset but caught some rays coming through the clouds

Hot Bunkers from Ryan Chang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment